Sunday, August 18, 2013

This and That: an Update

This week has not brought much news, or any new series of photos.  However, I have some snapshots and snidbits.


I'm happy to be back with this kid.  We have a good time.

Sometimes, I pretend to be sneak-attack paparazzi.  It usually ends in a blur.

This weekend, Steve lost a bet.  The wager was, if I won, he had to come stay at his parents' house with me during the week--which would never happen otherwise since he is a crazy dental student.  But....I WON! So Steve drove up on Wednesday and we had a grand ol' time.  We put new mirrors on his motorcycle (that look like "cool flames, dude."), we went to the dollar theater and watched Fast & Furious--the 6th.  Get this, as if 6 movies isn't enough,  Fast 6 ends with another opening for even ANOTHER sequel...or seven-quel?  I'm pretty sure we will be hearing from Fast and Furious until Vin Diesel dies--but even then, he could have a look alike son.

Steve has exams this week so we went to Starbucks like old times where he studied and I applied for a job.  We got this delicious drink, you've gotta try it.  Iced Caramel Apple Spice--it's the best apple cider with caramel goodness you will ever have.  Usually you get it hot and in the fall...but let me tell you, it is an awesome summer alternative to coffee.


This apartment hunting business is turning out to be harder than I anticipated.  I think Marjory's garden bliss is going to fall through.  She is taking forever to process our applications and keeps calling my roommates and I to have 35 minute conversations to give us tips for living together.  Serious.

In light of this, I looked at another apartment on Friday.  It is privately owned by this adorable Italian family straight from Rome who own their own restaurant and bakery.  It looks promising, but we'll seen.  Also on Friday, I FINALLY met my third roommate!  She's awesome and we felt like old friends as soon as we met.  Hopefully I'll have some good news soon regarding my living situation.

Final snidbit and snapshot:

I went to Target to buy shampoo and I walked past the clearance shelves where I heard this box full of twigs, moss, and eggs singing my name.  I thought it was remarkable that an adorable vase filler full of my favorite things for $2 could sing my name, so I had to buy it.  Then I made this even more ADORABLE nest. It's so cute I can't even handle it. It will be the first thing I set up in my future apartment; in the meantime it has a home on the Griffith's coffee table.


1 comment:

  1. Love the nest - so you! Good luck on the apartment! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete