Thursday, August 22, 2013

In this Whirlwind

It's raining. One of those refreshing downpours that, in my mind, the Midwest is notorious for.
It was thundering.  The type of thunder that shakes your rib cage and compresses your organs.  Swiffer and I sat in the screen room, in the midst of the storm where we could feel the weight of the atmosphere, the wet air caress our lungs,  the force of the storm blow through our hair, yet at the same time be safe, sound, and dry just out of the storm's reach.  I sat in the storm reading my devotions (Jesus Calling) and felt as though I was in a cocoon of calm, even though there was a raging storm all around me.  Struck with symbolism of my very own surroundings, I thought, even life is biblical--yesterday, today, and always.  See the storm, feel the storm--but embrace the storm and know that, somehow, you are safe--in a cocoon of calm.

Reflections: the aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment